consider the following aus
- "we wore matching halloween costumes to this party" au
- "we’re the only ones who didn’t get the email about class being canceled" au
- "tried to get the candy bar that didn’t drop out of the vending machine and now my hand is stuck can u help me out" au
- "we’re the only ones on campus who didn’t go home for christmas" au
- "we both got in separate bar fights downtown and now we’re waiting in the ER comparing stories" au
- "accidentally fell in your lap while standing on this crowded bus" au
- "can u help me sneak my cat into my dorm" au
- "accidentally got assigned the same library study room so I guess we’ll have to share for the semester" au
- "It’s raining and u forgot your umbrella so come over and stand under mine while we wait for the bus" au
- "I rented the apartment above your flower shop and in the last two months you’ve gotten a new flower I’m allergic to so I keep buying bouquets until I can figure out which kind it is" au
- soulmates au
- childhood best friends au
- teacher/student au
- teacher/single parent au
- one night stand and falling pregnant au
- meeting at a coffee shop au
- fake relationship au
- roommates au
- meeting online au
- high school popular kid/nerd au
- partners in crime au
- writer and editor au
- co-stars au
- lab partners au
- meeting in the E.R/A&E au
- brand new neighbours au
- meeting at a party whilst drunk au
- waking up with amnesia au
- parents meeting when they take their kids to class au
- dysfunctional relationship au
- best friends sibling au
- two miserable people meeting at a wedding au
- meeting on a train ride au
- literally bumping into each other au
- librarian/avid reader au
- sitting on the same park bench au
- meeting at a support group au
- knocking on the wrong door au
- going away to war au
- tourist/knowledgeable local au
- prostitute/client au
- doctor/companion au
- celebrity/fan au
- meeting at a masquerade ball au
- one of them trying to get the other one off of drugs au
- living in a society where their love is taboo au
- meeting in prison au
- cop/person getting a speeding ticket au
- long distance relationship au
- exes meeting again after not speaking for years au
- ghost/living person au
- star-crossed lovers au
- falling in love with their best friend’s partner au
- one of them being diagnosed with a terminal illness au
- pretending to hate each other au
- nanny/single parent au
- meeting at a festival au
- meeting again at a high school reunion au
- boss/intern au
- going through a divorce au
Snagged from my dash:
Ask me a question about one of my fics or series. It can be absolutely anything in any project and I will tell you the honest-to-goodness answer (even on the progress/plans for next chapters of current series).
Don’t hold back. Whatever you ask, I’ll answer as truthfully and as completely as possible. You can also ask about my writing as a whole, if you like.
The Doctor still needs to figure himself, and Clara, out.
So. These are my Maddie feels, take with that what you will.
I’m really glad that you wrote that ficlet, because it’s going to help me enjoy the rest of the arc you write. How, you ask? Well, whenever I’m reading the Han/Eli/Chris/Kari and co storyline, as much as I love it, a third of me is whispering (what about ben and maddie). I realize that they don’t have children, so they’re not as easily incorporated, but after the entire fallthrough where Maddie was so isolated, that isolation feeling just sticks with me and I can’t help but think (but what about Maddie?)
I know that friends drift apart when some have children and some don’t, but my fear of Maddie being isolated just really really affects the way I read the story. It’s not bad, but it’s present, and reading this definitely helped because it feels like it’s being addressed at least a little? Ben supporting Maddie’s conflicting thoughts (which be totally valid and what I thought she might be going through in the background while The Babies Were Being Born). But yes that’s why I liked the story and where my Maddie stan headspace is right now. I adore everyone in the story, but Maddie’s sad tendencies from before kind of tint a lot of stuff even if she’s in love and has one person she can rely on like Ben which I adore.
I’m a little ashamed to say that the idea for that ficlet didn’t occur to me until you asked for one. There’s kind of a lot involved in this arc, with Maddie’s abortion, Tony dying, Han and Kari having babies, and more that’s still to come, and sometimes I do get a little more focused on one aspect than another.
I know how it feels to drift away from someone after they get married and have babies, and sadly, that is happening a little bit to Ben and Maddie, because their friends’ lives are changing, their priorities are changing, and it’s not as easy to do things with their friends that don’t involve their kids. But Han and Eli obviously still love and care for Maddie and Ben very much, and you’ll get to see that in some of the upcoming stuff, and there is a lot more Ben/Maddie stuff coming up too.
Probably XD They’re both very smart, very dedicated to their careers, and very loyal and loving in general, plus they’re fairly evenly matched in temperament. I mean, they became friends pretty quickly, so in another ‘verse, there’s no reason to think that friendship couldn’t become more.
Gosh. I don’t think that would’ve gone well for Maddie. Han is the person who basically kept Maddie going through the rough times. Without Han in high school, I don’t think Maddie would’ve felt free enough to explore her sexuality. Without Han in college, Maddie probably wouldn’t have chosen to follow her dream, and would’ve majored in something “practical”, based on whatever her mother thought. Without knowing Eli through Hannah, she probably wouldn’t have had a chance to meet Ben UNTIL she and Han met.
I think the more you delay Han and Maddie meeting, the more unhappy and dissatisfied with life Maddie would’ve been. I do think they would eventually become as close as they are in canon, but I also think Maddie wouldn’t have been able to cling to the small shred of optimism she had that Hannah helped grow inside of her, and therefore she would be a little less… unique, and a little less happy.
I’ve always imagined Han and Maddie living together as a tricky situation. They obviously love each other very much, but they’re also both very particular about their space, and in different ways. Hannah is very much about “a place for everything, and everything in its place”, while Maddie tends to be a bit more… disorganized, at least to outward appearances. I think Maddie’s clutter would drive Han crazy, and Han’s insistence that everything needed to be neat and orderly would drive Maddie crazy.
As a couple, I think they’d eventually be able to work past this, but this is why they never lived together as friends, because they knew they were too different, and didn’t want this to affect their friendship.
(Of course, there would be positive things too, they’d love to cook together, they’d watch TV together, they’d sleep in and snuggle in the mornings, probably borrow each other’s clothes XD)
Hah. I don’t know if it’s something that happened that often, probably only if she was out with Maddie. I think she might not realize at first that they were hitting on her, but once she did, she’d sort of just politely imply/say she’s not interested. I think it would’ve had to be a very special girl for Hannah to be interested in dating her.
tbh, it was Dianna. Like, I wanted to make a character who was a lot like Dianna, so when I envisioned her, she was just really sweet, really kind, really friendly and open, just really wholesome, and a really good person. I mean, even in her name, I wanted to give her a name that really reflected her personality, and Hannah is one of those names for me that I associate with girls like that.